Earlier this year I hosted three "Shopify for Designers" workshops in the UK. They were a great opportunity to introduce web designers to Shopify and show them how easy it is to get started building themes.
My next two workshops will take place on the day preceding two fantastic upcoming conferences - Brooklyn Beta and Build. If you are in either New York or Belfast a day early, or you happen to live and work there (i.e. it’s open to everyone – not just conference attendees) and fancy joining me for a FREE afternoon of Shopify theme building then here’s all you need to know.
Tailored for web designers and front end developers who are new to Shopify the session will cover the following:
- The platform — A look at the main features of the platform and how the admin functions relate to themes
- Example stores — A discussion of some of the most well known Shopify stores as well as some less well known but beautifully designes stores
- Themes — A solid introduction to how a theme is structured as well as an intro to Liquid, the Shopify template engine
- Advanced theming — A quick look at how you can really customise your themes, for example producing product specific templates and how theme settings can enable your clients to easily customise their site
- Bits & pieces — A selection of snippets and ideas that didn’t neatly fit elsewhere. For example how to directly populate your cart using a permalink.
- Resources — A quick whizz round the amazing resources on offer for designers and developers using Shopify including the theme and app stores
New York City – Tuesday 9th October 1.30PM
I am still confirming our venue for the pre Brooklyn Beta workshop but it will most likely be in Manhattan and easy to get to.
The afternoon will start at 1.30pm and run through until around 5pm. We’ll then head out into the Manhattan evening for drinks and more chat with attendees and Shopify merchants from NYC. Spaces are limited to 50!
Belfast – Tuesday 13th November 1.30PM
The Pre Build workshop will take place in the luxurious surroundings of The Merchant Hotel (pictured above – sadly we won’t be in their great dining room but close!).
The afternoon will start at 1.30pm and run through until around 5pm. We’ll then head out for drinks and more chat in the great city of Belfast. Spaces are limited to 100!
If you have any questions please drop a comment in below or you can e-mail me directly.